Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tagging.....

Well, I must say that I am learning quite a lot as I work through KRL2ptO. When I first glanced at the instructions for tagging I was a bit overwhelmed but it was much easier than I thought. I can see how this is more convenient and easier to organize than using your favorites list. I really enjoyed seeing what tags other people used and even added a couple sites from other people's lists. I know I will continue to add to my del.icio.us list often. It is also quite fun to see who else has posted your blog to their list. I also appreciated that my list can be accessed from any computer. I accompanied my husband this weekend on a business trip and I certainly could have used a del.icio.us account as I was using the hotels communal computer. I can see how a department here at KRL could have a delicious account that they accessed with common sites that are needed on a day to day basis like the Port Orchard Ref list. Additionally, I can see how as an organization we could share useful information using del.icio.us. It really helps create a feeling of community to have access to other people's lists of what they find useful for work or just plain interesting. Del.icio.us will also aid me in my quest for the French villa that I will own some day. Until I post again....

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

a very thoughtful post - i appreciate your ideas on how we can use this at KRL...and when you get your villa, don't forget to invite your colleagues (i prefer the south of france, BTW).

bc