Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back in the saddle with RSS Feeds

Well, it has been quite some time since I have ventured into KRL2.0 land. So long in fact that I couldn't remember any of my passwords. After I surrendered to the password gods I reset my gmail password and dove in. I found this to be one of the more simple assignments so far. I subscribed to a couple of staff blogs as well as two card making websites to feed my need for papercrafting ideas. I am looking forward to reading new posts from all of these sites as they are created. I am excited to finally be in "the know" about RSS feeds asI have seen the icon on many websites that I frequent. I would have to say that RSS feeds along with creating a delicious account have been some of the more practical tools we have been introduced to so far in KRL 2.0. I can see this being useful for our individual department pages on the staff website. For example, you wouldn't necessarily have to send out an e-mail whenever you updated instructions or templates as long as everyone who needed this information subscribed to the RSS feed they would automatically be notified. I am making a New Year's Resolution to do more KRL 2.0 so that I can get caught up and remember my darn password. Well, its time for me to go back to my corner. Until next time...

1 comment:

bear said...

nice post and good ideas. glad you're back.

bc