Thursday, January 24, 2008

Exploring You Tube

You Tube was not a new phenomenon to me. I had seen OK go, the evolution of dance and some of the other classics such as KRL's "fish story". I am amazed at what a phenomenon it has become. I did a search for French Cats just to see what would pop up and it was amusing and frightening at the same time. I then did a search for the Eiffel Tower and found a couple of clips that I posted below. I especially like the one of the Eiffel sparkling as that's what it was doing when my husband got down on one knee 7 years ago. I would be interested to know if the ratio of people posting videos is equal or lesser than the number of people viewing videos. I read somewhere that Gen X could possibly be the most narcissistic generation yet with YouTube, the Iphone and My Space. The new Wii gaming system also panders to this mentality in that you can create your own little person that can look just like you to run around and play tennis, baseball, golf and bowling. For the most part YouTube seems to me to be a guilty pleasure. However, I am sure that the candidates are grateful for a venue to reach young voters. YouTube has also contributed to the birth of other websites such as GodTube and it seems like you see embedded videos all over the web nowadays. It will be interesting to see what the next big Internet fad will be. Until next time....

Time Lapse of the Eiffel Tower



See the Eiffel Tower Sparkle!

No comments: