Thursday, January 17, 2008

Flitting about Flickr

I was already familiar with Flickr before this assignment. I believe that I even have a Flickr account which I created in order to view a friend's photos but alas I am afraid that once again the password has escaped me. So I just took the tour of the site and searched for what else but pictures of France. I then took a stroll down memory lane and looked at pictures of the Eiffel tower where my husband proposed to me. I just went to the most popular tags page and was able to find what I was looking for very quickly. I posted one of the photos I came across at the beginning of my post. As I was uploading this photo that someone so skillfully took I wondered if there are any copyright laws attached to these photos? Can you use them for power point presentations, screen savers or whatever you so desire? Just wondering.... I was introduced to Flickr some time ago by a friend who is an amateur photographer looking to eventually start her own business. So she loads her photos onto Flickr in order to have somewhere to direct people that are interested in hiring her. She also uses it as a place for family to see up-to-date pictures of her family. I like how you can select certain settings that can limit the amount of access people have to your photos. Overall, I think that Flickr is a great tool, mostly for sharing photos with family or friends or helping to promote a business. I also thought it was quite fun how people can leave comments on the pictures themselves. Well, even though I would much rather be nibbling on a baguette at the La tour Eiffel I must go back to my corner.

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

great photo for an even better memory.

bc