Wednesday, January 23, 2008

That Thing called Library Thing

Well, I have created a small library of what else, but books on France. I liked the interactive options that allow you to see what other people are reading and what they think of books that you have in common. The options concerning whether or not you would share your information with the rest of the world was also nice. There weren't any conversations presently on any of the books I picked except Peter Mayle's, A Good Year. This book was most likely singled out because Ridley Scott directed a movie adaptation with Russell Crowe. I clicked on the conversations link and read posts about books that had been made into movies. It was called, "When the book is better than the movie or vice versa." It was quite fun to read through different peoples' reviews on different movie adaptations of well known books. Once again I appreciated the tagging as I was able to find several other books that I had never heard of and added to my library so that I would remember to look them up and eventually check them out from our illustrious collection. I am also a huge Jane Austen fan and can only imagine what I might stumble upon if I went poking around for her works. I enjoyed learning about Library Thing and will most likely use it in the future. I can see how book groups would find this especially useful along with people who are into a specific genre such as mystery. Well, that is all for now, back to my corner of cubeland in the outback.

No comments: