Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sites 4 Students

I was quite intrigued by all of the free online resources available to students and everyone. I looked at Zoho and Notecentric. What I liked a lot about both of these sites was that you could access these documents and/or presentations from anywhere. This is similar to delicious and has many applications for work groups, students and others. I just think that its great that these kinds of things are available so that people who maybe didn't buy a computer with these types of applications installed can have access to them. The implications for students is obviously huge. I wish there would have been something like notecentric when I was in college. I know it is something I would have utilized. I am going to spend some more time looking at these tools including Zoho meeting. I have a brainstorming team for my church that I meet with once a week and we have instant messaged and set up conference calls when we couldn't physically meet so it would be interesting to see what Zoho meeting had to offer. It is exciting to see how technology is advancing in ways to help us get more done, more efficiently and how there are no geographic boundaries.

No comments: